Can you cook turkey at 425?
Bake the turkey for 30 minutes at 425 degrees F, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F at the deepest part of the thigh.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 425?
425°F for 3 to 3¼ hours. 400°F for 3¼ to 3½ hours. 350°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours. 325°F for 3¾ to 4 hours.
How long does it take to cook a turkey at 450 degrees?
- Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 450°F. …
- On rack in shallow roasting pan, place turkey breast side up. …
- Roast uncovered 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours 15 minutes, watching carefully. …
- Turkey is done when thermometer reads 165°F and drumsticks move easily when lifted or twisted.
Should you start a turkey at 425 degrees?
Remove turkey from brine; pat dry with paper towels. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. Preheat oven to 425 degrees, with rack in lowest position. … Place turkey, breast side up, on a cutting board.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
What temperature do you cook turkey too?
The government recommends cooking turkey breast to 165°F (74°C). I prefer my turkey breast at 150°F (66°F), at which point it is far, far juicier (especially if you dry brine it!).
Can you cook a turkey on 400 degrees?
400°F (204°C) is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. You’ll get crispy skin without compromising tenderness. Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 2-6 hours to roast at 400°F (204°C).
Should you start your turkey at a higher temperature?
I find it is best to start the turkey at a fairly high temperature (400°F), roast for about twenty minutes and then lower the heat to 350°F for the remainder of the cooking time. Sometimes I forget to lower the oven, though, and the turkey still comes out fine, just perhaps a little darker than I would like!
Should I start my turkey at 450?
What temperature to cook the turkey? Preheat the oven to 450°F then drop the temperature to 350°F after putting the turkey into the oven. What temperature should the turkey be? The turkey is done when it registers a minimum of 165° in the thickest part of the thigh.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long do I cook a 20lb turkey?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
How long does it take for turkey to cook?
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|6-8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
|14-18 lbs.||3 hrs 45 mins–4 hrs 15 mins||170-175°F|