What can I use instead of butter for sandwiches?
Substitutes for butter as a spread
- Olive oil. Combine some olive oil with basil and pepper for a zesty spread.
- Nut butter. Peanut and almond butter can easily be spread onto toast or crackers.
- Cheese. Try cottage cheese, cream cheese, or ricotta — if you can tolerate dairy.
- Avocado. …
Can you use cooking spray instead of butter for grilled cheese?
Forget about all that fatty butter and margarine, making grilled cheese sandwiches with PAM is faster, healthier and delicious. … You don’t want to waste time slicing cheese. Set your skillet to medium and spray one side of a slice of bread with PAM cooking spray.
Should I use butter or oil for grilled cheese?
Instead of frying a grilled cheese in a pan of melted butter, I substitute heart-healthy olive oil which gives it a nuttier, more robust flavor. I use it to brush both sides of my bread before the slices hit the skillet, and I swear by it!
Can I use vegetable oil instead of butter for grilled cheese?
The answer is Yes. You can totally use vegetable oil instead of butter for a grilled cheese sandwich, but the texture and flavor would be different. In a pinch, vegetable oil is always a nice substitute for butter.
Is it better to use butter or mayo for grilled cheese?
The ingredients in storebought mayonnaise have a higher smoke point than butter, which means your grilled cheese lunch is more foolproof. You can cook the sandwich over (slightly) higher heat for a crisper exterior and fluffier interior. … Mayonnaise is also way easier to spread across your bread.
What is a healthy butter substitute?
9 healthful substitutes for butter
- Olive oil.
- Greek yogurt.
- Pumpkin purée.
- Mashed bananas.
- Coconut oil.
Do you spray pan for grilled cheese?
Heat a medium skillet over medium heat; coat with cooking spray. Add sandwiches to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn sandwich; cook 2 minutes or bread is browned and cheese is gooey. Serve immediately.
Can you use PAM on toast?
1) Spray Pam Cooking Spray on your bread pans, muffin tins and cake pans to prevent your breads and cakes from sticking to the side. … 5) Coat your griddle or skillets in Pam Cooking Spray to prevent your pancakes, french toast and eggs from flipping and to make the clean up easier!
Can we use oil instead of butter in sandwich?
Olive Oil. For the longest time, olive oil has been considered as one of the healthiest cooking oils out there and it can be used to replace butter as grease as well.
Why does my grilled cheese fall apart?
1. Not using enough fat to coat the bread. Part of what makes this sandwich so wonderful is the buttery crisp and crunch that comes from toasted bread. When not enough butter or mayo is used to coat the bread, it comes out dry and can toast unevenly.
What is good on grilled cheese?
Avocado slices, tomatoes, caramelized onions, spinach, arugula, mushrooms, zucchini, and peppers work well. 6. Fruit can also work well with a grilled cheese–such as thin slices of apples, pears, strawberries, peaches, or kiwi. Even dried cranberries, raisins, and currants are great options.
Which butter is best for sandwiches?
PRO TIP: While I use unsalted butter for most cooking and baking, salted butter really shines in these sandwiches and adds more flavor.
How do you make a grilled cheese not stick?
You need to coat the bread with enough butter or oil to be moist and evenly toast. If not, it turns out dry. You can melt butter or oil in the pan, spread it on the bread either. Both ways are good, they all work well.