How long does it take to cook a 5 7kg Turkey?
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
What temperature do I cook a 7 kg turkey?
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. 3. You want to cook a higher-welfare bird for 25 to 30 minutes per kg and a standard bird is 35 to 40 minutes per kg. For a 7kg bird, cook it for just under 3 hours, basting several times with all the lovely juices in the tray and covering with foil when beautifully golden brown.
How long does it take to cook 5lb turkey?
The general rule is 15 to 20 minutes per pound of turkey when cooking an unstuffed turkey.
How long does it take to cook a 7.4 kg turkey?
General rule of thumb for oven cooking a stuffed turkey at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound (30 minutes per kilogram). Many variables affect the roasting time. An accurate meat thermometer is recommended.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
At what temperature do you cook a turkey?
Stick with a temperature of 325°F, which ensures the turkey gets cooked all the way without becoming overdone.
How do you cook a 5kg frozen turkey?
- Heat the oven to 325°F. …
- Place the turkey in the roasting pan: Unwrap the turkey and place it on top of a roasting rack inside a roasting pan. …
- Roast for 2 1/2 hours. …
- Check the temperature: This temperature check is just to get a reference point for how quickly the turkey is cooking.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
When should I start cooking my turkey?
When you should start cooking: Season the turkey the night before, and start cooking it Thanksgiving morning. While it’s best to actually cook your turkey on Thanksgiving day, Holzman recommends seasoning your turkey the night before.
How long do I cook a 4.5 kg turkey?
Roasting times for an unstuffed turkey:
- 6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) 2 1/2–2 3/4 hours.
- 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) 2 3/4–3 hours.
- 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3–3 1/4 hours.
- 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–31/2 hours.
- 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
- 20–25 lb (9.0–11.25 kg) 4 1/2–5 hours.
How long do you cook a turkey for per kg?
Turkey cooking times
- allow 45 minutes per kilogram, plus 20 minutes, for a turkey under 4.5kg.
- allow 40 minutes per kilogram for a turkey that’s between 4.5kg and 6.5kg.
- allow 35 minutes per kilogram for a turkey of more than 6.5kg.
How do you cook a 10kg turkey?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.