How long should I cook chicken on the grill?
Summary: Average Grilling Times for all Chicken Cuts
Chicken breast, bone-in – 10 – 12 ounces – 30 to 40 minutes over indirect medium heat (350° F) Leg or thigh, bone-in – 30 to 40 minutes over indirect medium heat (350° F) Thigh, boneless, skinless – 4 ounces – 8 to 10 minutes over direct high heat (450 – 650° F)
How long does marinated chicken take to cook?
Heat your oven to 325 F and place your chicken in a nonstick roasting pan. Cover your chicken and cook it in the oven for 30 minutes to an hour to cook the inside. Remove the cover and baste your chicken with oil or marinade and cook uncovered for one to two hours, basting every 20 to 30 minutes.
How do you grill chicken breast on a gas grill?
- Scrape and oil the grill grates. …
- Place chicken on the hottest part of the grill and cook for 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook until browned on the second side, about 2-2 ½ minutes.
- Turn the chicken over and move to the cooler side of the grill and cook for 3 more minutes.
How long do you grill chicken at 375?
How Long to Cook Chicken Breast and Other Meaty Pieces
- Bake chicken at 375°F for 45 to 50 minutes. …
- Grill chicken thighs for 12 to 15 minutes and chicken breast halves 15 to 18 minutes. …
- Broil chicken pieces 25 to 35 minutes.
How long do you grill chicken at 350 degrees?
If you can keep your grill temperature at 350 degrees F, depending on the size of your chicken, this should take about 20-25 minutes.
Is it better to cook chicken covered or uncovered?
You never have to worry about covering chicken while baking, as it’s fine to bake it uncovered, and once your chicken is in the oven, it’s hands-free until you need to check the temperature. So you can whip up a no-cook appetizer, side dish, or dessert if you’re feeling ambitious.
Is it okay to cook chicken in marinade?
During the marinating process, problematic pathogens that could make you and your dinner guests terribly sick may have transferred into that marinade, so it’s not safe to eat as is. You’ll need to cook it first to eliminate bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli.
How long do you grill chicken at 400 degrees?
Heat an outdoor grill over medium-high heat, about 400 degrees. Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
How do you grill chicken without burning it?
5 Pro Tips for Grilled Chicken
- Use bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces. …
- Season the chicken well with salt and save the marinades for after cooking. …
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and control those flames. …
- Brown chicken pieces skin side down for longer than you think you should. …
- Use your grill like an oven.
How long do you grill a thick chicken breast?
Boneless skinless breasts (pounded 3/4-inch thick) should be cooked on high heat for 10 to 12 minutes. That means there are no more than five minutes to run back into the kitchen to toss the salad or grab a platter before flipping to cook the other side.