How long does a 9kg turkey take to cook?
For a 5.4kg-6.3kg (12lb-14lb) turkey allow 10-13 hours (overnight). For a 6.75kg-9kg (15lb-20lb) turkey allow 12-14 hours (overnight). To brown, when the bird is done, uncover the foil and transfer to the roasting oven for about 15 minutes until golden.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How do I cook a 9 kg turkey?
General rule of thumb for oven cooking a stuffed turkey at 325° F is 15 minutes per pound (30 minutes per kilogram). Many variables affect the roasting time. An accurate meat thermometer is recommended.
How do I cook a 7 9 kg turkey?
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the turkey, breast-side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast loosely covered with foil for one hour, then remove.
Roasting Times for Whole Turkey:
|15 – 20 lbs (7- 9 kg)||3 ½ – 4 hrs||4 – 4½ hrs|
|20-24 lbs (9-11 kg)||4-5 hrs||5-5 ½ hrs|
What temperature should a turkey cook to?
You’ll need a meat thermometer to make sure you cook your turkey to the right temperature. Insert it close to, but not touching, the thigh bone. If it reads 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast, it’s done and ready to serve.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How do I cook a 10 kg turkey?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.
How long do I cook a 4.5 kg turkey?
Roasting times for an unstuffed turkey:
- 6–8 lb (2.7–3.5 kg) 2 1/2–2 3/4 hours.
- 8–10 lb (3.5–4.5 kg) 2 3/4–3 hours.
- 10–12 lb (4.5–5.5 kg) 3–3 1/4 hours.
- 12–16 lb (5.5–7.25 kg) 3 1/4–31/2 hours.
- 16–20 lb (7.25–9.0 kg) 3 1/2–4 1/2 hours.
- 20–25 lb (9.0–11.25 kg) 4 1/2–5 hours.
How long do you cook a turkey for per kg?
Turkey cooking times
- allow 45 minutes per kilogram, plus 20 minutes, for a turkey under 4.5kg.
- allow 40 minutes per kilogram for a turkey that’s between 4.5kg and 6.5kg.
- allow 35 minutes per kilogram for a turkey of more than 6.5kg.