How long do you cook an 18 pound Butterball turkey?
For an unstuffed turkey, Butterball recommended:
- 6-10 pounds: 1½ -2 hours.
- 10-18 pounds: 2-2½ hours.
- 18-22 pounds: 2½-3 hours.
- 22-24 pounds: 3-3½ hours.
What temperature do you cook a 20 lb Butterball turkey?
If you’re baking it at 325°F (the lowest temperature the USDA recommends), you’ll need to bake a 20-lb turkey in the oven for 4 to 5 hours if it’s unstuffed, and 4 ¼ to 5 ¼ hours if it’s stuffed.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a bag or not?
Bottom line: If you’re looking to cook the turkey faster and keep its meat moist throughout, the bag’s for you. If you want to skip scrubbing the roasting pan, the bag’s for you. If you want the turkey’s skin to be evenly browned and crisped, it might not be for you.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long should a 20lb turkey cook?
Cooking time will vary. For example, a 20 pound turkey will take 4 1/4 to 5 hours to cook, check the temperature on the thermometer after 4 1/4 hours.
What temperature do you cook a Butterball turkey?
How to Roast Fresh or Frozen Whole Turkeys
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Drain juices and pat dry with clean paper towels.
- Place turkey breast side up on a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan 2 to 2½ inches deep.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 20 pound turkey at 350?
How long does a 20lb turkey take to cook at 350? If your turkey weighs 18 to 20 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours. 400°F for 3¾ to 4 hours. 350°F for 4 to 4¼ hours.
Should you put water in turkey roasting pan?
Add about a half-inch of liquid (water or stock) to the roasting pan. This will keep the oven moist, and the turkey juicy. This aromatic liquid can be used to baste the turkey while it cooks (there is a debate whether basting does anything, but it’s part of the tradition).
Are Butterball turkeys injected with butter?
In fact, there is no actual butter in or on a Butterball turkey. The fresh turkeys are injected with a basting solution made of salt water and “common household spices,” one brand representative told me.
What makes a Butterball turkey different?
With more than half of holiday cooks stuffing their turkey, Butterball turkeys have a natural leg tuck using the skin to hold the legs in place and make it easier to stuff. There are no plastic or metal locks in a Butterball turkey ensuring you won’t have to worry about a hot metal clip when you remove your stuffing.