What’s a good appetizer for a clambake?
Cold Hors d’Oeuvres
- Traditional Tuscan Antipasto. Mini Lobster, Crab, or Shrimp Rolls. …
- Colorful Crudites and Dip. fresh vegetables with assorted dips.
- Hummus. A puree of chick peas and tahini with lemon, olive oil, and spices. …
- Guacamole. avacado, garlic, scallions, jalapeno peppers, and lemon. …
- Salsa. …
- Crab or Lobster Dip.
What goes well with steamers?
They’re served with the hot broth left over from steaming and melted butter for dipping. If you want to add some color and flavor to your steamers, you can add lemon juice, beer, herbs, garlic, or white wine to the broth. To eat steamers, select a lucky clam and remove it from the shell by the siphon (or neck).
What goes well with muscles?
Serve mussels with…
- Something with Veggies. frisée & lardons. potato & Leek soup. tomato & onion salad. pickled mushrooms. jicama slaw. …
- Something Starchy. crusty bread. garlic bread. frites (french fries) roasted fingerling potatoes. over toast. …
- Something Saucy. white wine sauce. spicy tomato sauce. horseradish cream. aioli.
What do you drink with a clambake?
If they really enjoy Chardonnay, I’d recommend a Chablis or a less-oaked white Burgundy for a clambake.” Above all, make sure there’s enough of whatever you’re drinking to last until the last claw has been cracked.
What is the meaning of clambake?
1a : an outdoor party especially : a seashore outing where food is usually cooked on heated rocks covered by seaweed. b : the food served at a clambake. 2 : a gathering characterized by noisy sociability especially : a political rally.
What is the difference between a clam bake and clam boil?
With a clambake, the seafood boil is the main event, but not the only act. Piggybacking off the tradition of small town summer festivals, a clambake includes a big pot of boiled seafood as well as a barbequed meat or two, side dishes, and desserts.
What are the best clams for a clambake?
The best clams for steaming like this are small quahogs (pronounced koh-hogs, also called littlenecks), or buy “steamers,” which are long neck clams. Mussels and clams are both sold live, and should be stored in the refrigerator in a breathable container (not sealed in a plastic bag) until ready to cook.
How long does it take to cook clams?
Steam the clams on medium heat, with the lid on, for 5 to 7 minutes. Clams cook like popcorn: some cook faster than others. Stir or shake the pot during cooking so that all the clams have room to open up.
What do you wear to a clambake Cape Cod?
Denim or khaki capris can work with virtually any color or patterned top, so they’re a versatile choice. You can also opt for even shorter pants like a clam digger style that ends just a few inches below the knees. If your clambake is during the day when it’s warm, Bermuda shorts can you help stay even cooler.