Can I Freeze a Pie That Has Already Been Baked?
Can you freeze an apple pie that has already been baked?
If you baked your pie and still have leftovers, you can freeze them, too. After all, freezing apple pie works quite well — just place it uncovered in the freezer. Once frozen solid, wrap the pie in plastic wrap and place it back into the freezer. You can keep it frozen for 3-4 months.
How do you freeze an already baked pie?
How to Freeze a Baked Pie
- Bake as directed and allow to cool completely.
- Place the pie in a freezer bag; seal, label, and freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw at room temperature.
- If you wish to serve your pie warm, after thawing, bake in a preheated oven 425°F oven about 15 minutes or until warmed through.
How do you reheat a frozen apple pie?
Reheating Frozen Apple Pie in the oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the apple pie from the freezer and place it on a baking sheet.
- Cover the pie lightly with some aluminum foil.
- Place the pie into the oven for roughly 15-20 minutes. …
- Once the pie is warmed through, take it out of the oven.
Can pie filling be frozen?
Slide the foil-wrapped filling into a freezer-safe bag to protect against freezer burn. Store frozen fillings for three to four months, which conveniently coincides with the holiday baking season.
What pies do not need refrigeration?
Pies made with eggs, cream, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, including evaporated or condensed milk need special care. Pumpkin, cream, chiffon, or custard-based pies should not be out of the refrigerator for more than two hours. “Keep in mind, custard and cream-based pies often do not freeze well,” adds Peterson.
How do you bake a frozen pre baked apple pie?
KEEP PIE FROZEN UNTIL READY TO BAKE!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove pie from plastic bag.
- Place frozen unbaked apple pie on center rack of oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees. Continue baking pie for 35 minutes longer. ( …
- Remove pie from oven. Cool on wire rack.
Should I freeze apple pie before or after baking?
Yes, you can freeze apple pie. It is best to freeze apple pie before baking, but you can freeze it after baking as well. Both baked and unbaked apple pie will last for up to 6 months in the freezer. If you freeze the apple pie filling by itself, it will remain fresh in the freezer for up to 12 months.
Can I put a frozen pie in the oven?
Place pie in freezer; pull out when ready to bake. When ready to bake pie, heat oven to 450°F. When oven is preheated, remove frozen pie from freezer; cut a few slits in top crust and place in oven. Do not thaw pie because no one wants a soggy pie.
How do you reheat apple pie in the oven?
To reheat a whole apple pie, heat your oven to 350°F, then place the pie on a baking sheet and cover with foil. For a standard 9-inch pie, heat for 15-20 minutes.