How long do you cook a 18 lb turkey in the oven?
At 325ºF it should cook anywhere between 2.5 hours to 3 hours and change. For an 18-pounder, you’re probably looking at around 3.5 to 4 hours of oven time. For a 20-pound turkey, settle in for the afternoon. This could take around 4 to 4.5 hours.
Do you cook a turkey at 325 or 350 degrees?
Roast in a 325° or 350° (depending on size of bird; see below) oven until thermometer registers 160°. If turkey is unstuffed, tip slightly to drain juices from body cavity into pan. Transfer turkey to a platter. Let stand in a warm place, uncovered, for 15 to 30 minutes, then carve.
How long does it take to cook an 18 lb unstuffed turkey?
Traditional Roast Turkey (unstuffed)
|8 to 12 pounds||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|12 to 14 pounds||3 1/2 to 4 hours|
|14 to 18 pounds||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|18 to 20 pounds||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
How long do I cook a 17 lb turkey at 400 degrees?
How to Roast a Turkey to Perfection
- First things first: thaw your bird completely before putting it in the oven. …
- 400°F is the perfect temperature for cooking a whole bird. …
- Depending on the size of your bird, it should take anywhere from 3-6 hours to roast at 400°F. …
- Basting the bird won’t give you crispier skin.
How long does it take to cook an 18 pound turkey at 350 degrees?
We recommend roasting turkey at 350 degrees F for 13 minutes per pound for an unstuffed turkey.
How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|12 to 14 lb||8 to 10||2 3/4 to 3 hours|
|15 to 18 lb||10 to 12||3 1/4 to 4 hours|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Classic Bread Stuffing Recipe
- Choose a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one. …
- Roast two small turkeys rather than one large one. …
- Brine the turkey. …
- Rub soft butter under the skin. …
- Truss loosely, or not at all. …
- Roast the turkey upside down at first. …
- Don’t overcook it. …
- Let the turkey rest before carving.
Is it better to cook a turkey in a convection oven or regular oven?
Using a convection oven yields more efficient cooking. Because dry hot air is blowing directly on the food, your dishes will cook about 25 percent faster in a convection oven.
Should I let my turkey sit out before cooking?
Your turkey will cook more evenly and faster if you start it out at room temperature so remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. If you plan to stuff your turkey, wait until you’re ready to put it in the oven before putting the stuffing in the turkey.
How long do you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325°F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long do you cook a turkey for?
Put in a roasting tin, breast-side up, and roast for 40 mins per 1kg for the first 4kg, then 45 mins for every 1kg over that weight, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C. For a turkey of this weight, the cooking time should be 3½-4 hrs.