How do you cook a 14 pound ham?
Cooking Temperature and Time: A half ham weighting between 5 and 7 pounds requires 22 to 25 minutes of roasting at 325°F per pound. For whole bone in hams weighing between 10 and 14 pounds, cook the ham at 325°F for 18 to 20 minutes per pound.
How long do you cook a 14 lb ham at 350?
If you ‘re starting with a fully cooked city ham, bake it in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes per pound.
How long do you cook a 15 lb precooked ham?
How To Cook A Precooked Ham
- Cut the ham free from the package, cover it in foil and reheat it to a good serving temperature.
- Cooking it at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes per pound should do the trick, depending on the type of ham (whole or half, bone-in or no bone ― these specifics are outlined here).
What is the best way to cook a precooked ham?
How to Bake a Ham
- If you’re starting with a fully cooked city ham, bake it in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes per pound. …
- To help keep your ham moist and juicy, place the ham cut-side down in a baking pan and tent it with foil.
- Every 20 minutes or so, brush the ham with glaze and baste it with the pan juices.
What temperature do you cook ham to?
For raw and fresh ham, bake at 325°F until a food thermometer inserted into the meat reads 145°F. Related: Do you have enough ham to feed your guests? Find out here. Reheat cooked hams packaged in USDA-inspected plants to 140 °F and all others to 165 °F.
Are spiral hams precooked?
Your spiral sliced ham is fully cooked and can be gently heated or served chilled. To heat this ham, heat oven to 275 degrees. … Warm ham in oven for 10 to 12 minutes per pound. Do not overheat.
How long do I cook a precooked ham for?
A precooked ham should be cooked in the oven at 325 degrees F for 10 minutes per pound, or until it reaches 145 degrees F, according to the USDA. If you’re reheating a ham that was repackaged or leftover, it needs to be cooked to 165 degrees F.
How do you heat up a precooked ham without drying it out?
The goal is to reheat the ham without drying it out. The best way to do this is to place the ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Add water to the bottom of the pan and cover the whole thing tightly with foil. Bake at 325F for 16-20 minutes per pound, until a meat thermometer registers 135F.
How long do you heat a fully cooked spiral ham?
Place the ham, cut-side-down, on heavy-duty aluminum foil and wrap the ham thoroughly. Or use an oven roasting bag; follow instructions on the bag for preparation. Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for 10-14 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer registers 140°F.
Do you have to cook a precooked ham?
The answer, in short, is if it is cured, smoked or baked, ham is considered “pre-cooked,” and would not technically need to be cooked. … As a deli meat, it can be eaten right out of the refrigerator, but other hams are typically reheated for improved flavor and texture.